compensation: Compensation to be offered based on the strength of the applicant's skill-set employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This position will be part of the design team and will report to the Engineering Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for creatively designing innovative products, ensuring fit, function, specification adherence and compliance with our manufacturing processes. This position will lead project teams, be an active team member and work with various functional areas to successfully launch new products in our market space.
• Working with the design team to develop and refine new and existing products
• Part of the team that establishes the design brief, including concept, performance and production criteria;
• Interpret technical data and participate in developing qualification test procedures and test
• Interact with production, quality, manufacturing engineering, and procurement personnel to define and solve issues, and implement product improvement ideas.
• Identifying the suitability and availability of materials;
• Prototyping and testing of working models utilizing a variety of methods.
• Producing detailed design specifications, including parts lists and costing
• Liaising with other departments to discuss and negotiate appropriate production processes, costs and commercial issues;
• Participate and support efforts in creating accurate Bills of Materials, installation instructions, and other support documents.
• Creation and modification of part and assembly models
• Preparation of production drawings
• Documenting new processes and procedures
• Adhere to established processes and procedures
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Passion for product design!
• Mechanical Engineering diploma or degree
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks
• Understanding of general machining and CNC practices
• Occasional travel to vendor production facilities and trade shows;
• Willingness to learn and improve
• Attention to detail
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) will be required
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers