compensation: to be discussed employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for a well-qualified Supervisor to join our team, for a continuum of addictions care that includes: detox, structured support and stabilization recovery, to intensive treatment.
The successful candidate will be responsible to manage the residence, ensuring organizational goals, licensing requirements and accreditation standards are being met. The Supervisor will ensure the day-to-day operations of the residence are run in a professional and efficient manner while providing ongoing supervision, support and evaluation of the program staff. Responsibilities will also include participation in case conferences and case management, managing program budgets and oversight of bio-psycho-social programming. The role will provide oversight to clinical staff including counsellors and other allied health staff.
Education and Experience:
• A degree in social work, counselling or related field (Masters preferred), or the equivalent combination of education and experience totaling (8) eight years;
• (3) Three years of previous direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of a specific community based program and related provincial and community support is required;
• Knowledge and experience in supporting women with substance misuse and withdrawal, co-morbid Mental Health Disorders, poverty, homelessness trauma, and involvement in the criminal justice system;
• Knowledge of gender informed, trauma informed practice;
• Experience with strength-based approaches;
• Exceptional administrative, management, and organizational skills;
• The ability to function independently and frequently under pressure while managing concurrent needs and problems, including managing emergency situations;
• Demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership;
• Ability to mentor and supervise a diverse team of workers;
• Dynamic working style and ability to motivate and foster team work;
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Ability to provide guidance to staff, identifying individual care plans and client centered goals;
• Must possess solid judgement, problem solving, critical thinking, and analysis skills;
• Occupational First Aid Level 1 (OFA1), or equivalent or higher,
• Food-safe certification;
• Willingness and ability to complete and pass a criminal record check;
Skills and Abilities:
• Computer literate and have excellent and strong interpersonal communication skills
• Have a driver's license and reliable transportation
• The ability to function independently and frequently under pressure while managing concurrent needs and problems, including managing emergency situations
• Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector clearance checks and Level One Occupational First Aid
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers