compensation: Salary: 0-519 Hours $16.97 After 520 $17.50 After 1100 $18.56 After 2500 $19.56 employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Date Posted: September 25, 2018
Position Title: Team Leader, Administration
Locations: Chilliwack Family YMCA, Chilliwack, B.C
Terms: Permanent Full - Time
Hours: 35 hours per week
Shift: Schedule is flexible (within reason) depending on workload and business requirements
Salary: 0-519 Hours $16.97
After 520 $17.50
After 1100 $18.56
After 2500 $19.56
*All levels include complete benefits package
Start Date: December 2018
Reports To: Branch Manager, Chilliwack Family YMCA
Chilliwack is getting a new Y! Opening in early 2019, this modern health, fitness, community and recreation facility will help meet the needs of all Chilliwack families so that everyone can reach their potential. We are looking for people to join our team who will warmly welcome long-time members to the new center of community and create a welcoming space for men, women, children, teens, seniors and families who are new to the Y to belong.
The Chilliwack YMCA is a part of the YMCA of Greater Vancouver--a charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community by helping families thrive, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of connection and belonging. Together, we are building a community in which a generation of children and families reach their full potential. Our values guide our decision-making and behavior: we do the right thing, put people first, keep our promises and lead by example.
For more than 130 years, we have been part of the community--more than 40 in Chilliwack. We have always been a place where people of every age and background find the support they need to grow through programs and services in health, fitness & aquatics, child care, camping, employment, health management, immigrant services and youth engagement.
Nature & Scope:
The Administrative Team Lead will report directly to the Branch Manager and will work collaboratively with the leadership team. The Administrative Team Lead will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Chilliwack Family YMCA and Association projects. The Administrative Team Lead is responsible for providing exceptional service to Members and guests of the YMCA and will follow the practices outlined in the YMCA 7 Steps of Selling, SAM 2.0 and the YMCA Core Values.
• Supply Ordering for all program areas
• Meeting room and facility bookings
• Ongoing cashouts for Membership staff, including bank deposits
• Room bookings and facility master schedule
• Internal communication including facility signage, calendars and schedules
• Mail and couriers, including managing postage machine
• Annual campaign administration
• Promote membership sales and services in a positive and professional manner
• Build meaningful relationships through positive daily interaction with YMCA members, visitors, and colleagues
• Promote philanthropy through the YMCA's annual Strong Kids Campaign
• Support a productive and cheerful team that provides excellent customer service
• Become proficient in operation of the Class customer database
• Use established systems and structures to record and report on member satisfaction, interest trends, and activities
• Maintain an atmosphere of achievement that inspires self and others to succeed at the highest levels
• Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained among all members and staff
• Maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all program areas, common spaces, and washrooms
• Assist with training new staff/volunteers in procedures and practices
• Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by General Manager
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C & AED certificate
• CLASS experience/knowledge and asset
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
• Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
• 3 professional references
• Experience in fast paced, customer focused environment
• Demonstrated high level of organizational and customer service skills
• Proven decision-making competency and ability to think quickly in difficult situations
Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA of Greater Vancouver.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority, and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person's YMCA experience.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings
Outcomes Oriented: Ability to lead, manage, and achieve identified goals.